Michigan State's Willekes staying for senior season
- Replay official can overturn targeting
- Minnesota to host W. Illinois in 2022
- Cougars looking to replace QB Minshew
- Iowa hoping to improve running game
- Saban undergoes hip replacement surgery
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) Michigan State defensive lineman Kenny Willekes says he's returning for his senior season.
Willekes, who broke his leg in the Spartans' Redbox Bowl loss to Oregon, said on Twitter on Tuesday night that he doesn't want his career at Michigan State to end that way.
Michigan State had a disappointing season in 2018, but the defense largely did its job. Willekes led the Spartans with 8+ sacks.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated January 8, 2019