Michigan State's Willekes staying for senior season
- Sarkisian returns to Alabama as OC
- Tennessee hires Ansley to run defense
- Former E. Michigan coach Rasnick dies
- Oregon parts ways with DC Leavitt
- Judge signs warrant for Nebraska RB
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) Michigan State defensive lineman Kenny Willekes says he's returning for his senior season.
Willekes, who broke his leg in the Spartans' Redbox Bowl loss to Oregon, said on Twitter on Tuesday night that he doesn't want his career at Michigan State to end that way.
Michigan State had a disappointing season in 2018, but the defense largely did its job. Willekes led the Spartans with 8+ sacks.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated January 8, 2019