Michigan State's Willekes staying for senior season
- Ex-Maryland QB Hill transfers to Vols
- UTEP TE Laufenberg dies of cancer at 21
- Miss. St. names Stevens starting QB
- No. 22 Syracuse's defense ready to excel
- UNC's Brown savors return to coaching
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) Michigan State defensive lineman Kenny Willekes says he's returning for his senior season.
Willekes, who broke his leg in the Spartans' Redbox Bowl loss to Oregon, said on Twitter on Tuesday night that he doesn't want his career at Michigan State to end that way.
Michigan State had a disappointing season in 2018, but the defense largely did its job. Willekes led the Spartans with 8+ sacks.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated January 8, 2019